The Kney Memorial Organ, is a mechanical key action, electric stop and combination action organ, built in 1986 by Gabriel Kney. The organ, Opus 104, consist of 25 ranks, a keyboard of ebony naturals and rosewood sharps. The case is painted birch and tulipwood. It has open-toe voicing with equal temperament. The facade praestants consist of 80% tin.
Gabriel Kney founded the Gabriel Kney Pipe Organ Builders, Ltd. In 1955. Originally from Speyer-on-the-Rhein, Germany, he emigrated to Canada in 1951.
Since 1995, he has created over 128 organs, large and small, throughout the United States and Canada. He now concentrates on building small quality instruments for residences and teaching facilities. He actively consults and advises for new instruments and is consulted regularly concerning church acoustics for speech and sound.